Pages

Sunday 13 May 2012

Interview with John Wijngaards


John says of himself,

"I am a priest, theologian and writer.
I obtained a Master's in Scriptural Studies at the Pontifical Biblical Institute (LSS) and a Doctorate in Theology at the Gregorian University in Rome."

"I taught at St John's Major Seminary in Hyderabad, India (1963 - 1976). After a spell as Vicar General of the Mill Hill Missionaries (1976 - 1982), I lectured at the Missionary Institute London which was affiliated to Louvain and Middlesex Universities (1983 - 1998). "

"I am a member of the Catholic Theological Association of Great Britain, of the European Society of Catholic Theology and the Catholic Theological Society of America."

"When Rome declared definitively against the ordination of women, I resigned from the exercise of my priestly ministry in protest -- and founded www.womenpriests.org"

interviewed by Janice Sevre-Duszinsky in October 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is welcome.